+ Reply to Thread
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Welcome, How-To, Rules

Welcome, How-To, Rules

Welcome, here are the rules:

This is not the PC forums, I needed to install this software to do some of the functionality I want to do. But that doesn't mean I want to copy the PC forums. People are welcome to use these forums for discussions, but there will be more rules. The forums need to be safe-for-work. No swearing, no sexy talk (or pictures), PG13 rated. Also no politics & religion and everything else. If you want to discuss these things, there is a place for you here.

Why does this forum exist

To let me to create a user authentication and messaging system to facilitate communcation between players about playershops, and maybe recipes and whatnot in the future as well. I can do a lot of stuff with forum integration.

What can I do now?

If you own a playershop, after registering browse to the shop, claim the shop. Now people can contact you from the shop page AND you can add a paragraph of text to the shop, saying whatever you want, no spam, no html, no bbcode.

What if someone else claims my shop?

If they did it on accident, no problem, I can fix it. If they did it on purpose, they get a warning, if they do it again, they get a ban. A ban doesn't ban them from this forum, a ban will ban their IP address from this forum, playershops, roomdata, and alchemy recipes. Hopefully this will deter such people from abusive behavior. Cleaning up such messes is really easy for me, it'll take 10 seconds, so don't worry about it.

What are you going to do next?

I'm going to integrate the manual selling forums here into playershops, so that when you visit http://www.virilneus.com/shops/ you get a listing of items most recently put up for sale in the forums. Neato.

What else could you do?

I could make an advertising system for shop owners. Or for forum members, want to sell something? Or advertise something? You could buy an upgrade that beams it to all virilneus.com hosted resources. Lots of stuff.

Finally, I'd highly recommend turning on email notifications for new messages and whatnot here in the forums, in case someone tries to contact you and you forget to come check.

And oh, this is the brand new vbulletin beta, there are probably bugs, it has only been in public beta a couple days, so, bear with it.

Great job Virilneus. Claimed my shops today.

Vrairdrick

This is fantastic, the functionality very very sweet and definitely something we've been needing. Thanks very much for all the effort!

~Kodachii
    "Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement."

Is/will the playershops covering the Platinum instance?

~Kodachii
    "Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement."

eventually

+ Reply to Thread